Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Razzle Dazzle!

These here are Razzle Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars, or so the recipe says. Oh recipezaar. My one true love.
These were just adorable, and they tasted good too. It's a really simple recipe (which I love) that just calls for oats, flour, butter and brown sugar. And the raspberry jelly of course. I used the same sugar free version that I used in the Raspberry Shortbread Bars, which was a much sweeter dough. Here, perhaps a touch more sugar in the jelly would have been better, but they were still good. For this recipe too I totally got in there and mixed everything together with my hands - it just gives a much more even finish...and its fun! Get all your aggression out squeezing dough. It does get messy though, especially under your fingernails. Plus make sure to take rings off before you go to it - that is tricky to get out - trust me! Thats about it for this one, it was short, simple, and tasty. Much less interesting when I don't drop something, right?
Never fear, more mistaking will be here! Oh look, that rhymes. Well we're not all perfect.
I hope you guys are trying out all my recipes - let me know what works for you. Write in the comments or send me an email at bakingandmistaking [AT] gmail [DOT] com!

Tip of the Day: If a recipe calls for preserves, experiment with different flavors depending on your preferences. Try apricot, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry - the possibilities are endless!

Recipe: (from Recipezaar)

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup preserves

Mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and oats.
With your fingers, mix the butter in to the dry ingredients.
Press half the mixture in to a greased 8x8" square pan.
Spread the preserves on top, and sprinkle the remaining mixture on top.
Bake at 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment