Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie BAM!

Ah, this is a recipe for all you non-bakers out there: simple, sweet and delicious!
This is a giant chocolate chip cookie I made for my Dad's 50th birthday:
The recipe comes from the Food Network website, and its actually from Emeril Lagasse! Who knew Emeril baked?? Not me - I'm not sure how you could kick a cookie up one notch...well I supposed baking it in a pizza pan would do it!
Anyway, I was looking for something to make for my dad, but I didn't want to do a cake. I stumbled across this recipe, and I thought - perfect! Its easy, tastes good, and you can decorate it like a cake! So I did -The writing is done in store-bought writing icing, which I microwaved for a few seconds to make easier to do. I know, its a little bit off-center, but hey, nobody's perfect. Plus I knew my Dad would eat it anyway...he has to! (See that plate in the background? That's where I tested out all the icing tubes!)
Yeah, you're probably wondering about the apricots...Well, my Dad is a big fan, so I figured, why not put them on! Anyway I followed the recipe exactly, but I left out the white chocolate chips and nuts, just using semi-sweet chips. It was really tasty and went fast. Plus it just looks so adorable.

Tip of the Day: For easy clean up, line your baking sheets and dishes with parchment paper before baking.

Recipe:
2 sticks unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups plus 2 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips AND
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or 2 cups semi-sweet)

Beat the butter and sugars together.
Add in the eggs one at a time until well mixed. Add in the vanilla.
Gradually mix in the flour, baking soda and salt.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Press into a foil-lined and greased 14-inch pizza pan.
Bake on 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I have pizza pans dying to be used for this :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete