Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars

These were another product of my experimenting days, though its safe to say those days are far from over.In fact I hope they'll never be over. I definitely see things in cookbooks that I will never try, but I still like to keep a (somewhat) open mind and don't get too discouraged when things end up in the garbage.
Anyway on to today's recipe. These are Peanut Butter Bars, which came from the Good Housekeeping Great Baking book. (recipe at end of post)
This recipe was okay, I wish I could be more passionate about it either way, but it wasn't amazing and I didn't throw it away (the benchmarks by which all baked goods are measured).
They weren't super peanutbuttery, and they were a little dry and hard, but they still all got eaten. When I voiced my opinion to the people eating them I got alot of "no, they're good"s, but you can never believe those, right?
Anyway, as you can see in the picture, these bars were - my favorite word - drizzled in chocolate. Hmmmm. That generally ends up with chocolate on the walls, the floor, myself, sometimes even my hair. This was no exception. Because drizzling means flicking. And flicking...well you get the idea. Anyway, I think my hair stayed out of the line of fire. Seriously though, drizzling is dangerous. You've been warned.

Tip of the Day: Dress up almost any cookies and cakes with a decorative chocolate drizzle, or a simple glaze made out of powdered sugar, a liquid (milk, juice, drinks), and some vanilla or other essence.

Recipe:
Peanut Butter Bar Cookies

2 1/4 cups flolur
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy depending on your preference)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract
2 eggs

Beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy.
Beat in extracts and eggs, one at a time.
Beat in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt).
Bake batter in greased 9x13 pan for 30 minutes at 350 F.
Drizzle melted chocolate over baked cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment