Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday...quick!

This is a cake I made for my friend Miriam's birthday (bonus points for obvious) in a little bit of a hurry (oops now she knows).This is a marble cake I made from scratch in one pan, instead of layers. The recipe is from allrecipes.com, another site I spend all together too much time on! Anyway to save time I made this as one large 9 inch cake, and cooled it quickly in the fridge (it's our little secret right?)
Anyway if you thought for a minute I was going to say I saved time by using a cake mix you are very much mistaken. Never! Well, never say never. Fingers Crossed?
Anyway I cooled this cake quickly by putting it in the fridge for a little (it's our little secret, right?). Keep in mind this was about at 8pm and we were taking the cake over to her house at midnight.
Anyway I frosted this with storebought chocolate frosting, mmmmmm, and then as you can see decorated with store bought candy letters. Man, those things are like pure sugar. Mmmmm.
In the picture it looks like the H in happy is out of line but I promise it didn't look like that in real life.
Also, the packet of letters came with only one I, which clearly didn't work for my purposes, but luckily also came with two number 1s. Victory!
Additionally, if you look, the cake is adorned with a festive fondant heart. Because who doesn't love fondant.
Anyway I should probably be a little embarassed to share with you my speedy cake making tips, but I'll hold my head high anyway. Plus, Miriam appreciates resourcefulness. Who doesn't?

Tip of the Day: When decorating a cake with words or letters always start from the middle and go outwards to make sure everything is properly centered on the cake.

6 comments:

  1. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. 성인용품점

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a few, cake enriching is a diversion, and for other people, it is a vocation. https://www.floraindia.com/cake-delivery/ahmedabad.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, it is possible to make a bad impression and Happy Birthday Wishes Images make the birthday person unhappy even if you have decided to use this lovely gesture. In order to avoid such unfortunate results, you need to follow a simple yet very helpful etiquette.

    ReplyDelete

  4. 온라인으로 성인용품을 찾는다면 더오르샵과 함께 하세요. 다양한 종류의 성인용품을 만나보실 수 있습니다. 여성대표가 직접 운영하는 정직한 온라인 성인용품 쇼핑몰은 대한민국에 오직 이 곳 뿐입니다 우머나이저.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate it! An abundance of posts.

    Here's my website : --부산달리기

    ReplyDelete