Friday, January 22, 2010

One Year

Wow. I'm a little surprised I made it here. As much as I'm happy and proud and excited, I'm definitely surprised. After all, this is the girl who's still working on her mother's 40th birthday present (and I won't tell you how old she is, but trust me, it's not 40!), and the one who cut out a pattern for a skirt 6 years ago and has yet to sew it, and the girl who has had an unfinished puzzle sitting on top of her dresser for the past 6 months.

Let's just say, I'm not known for my staying power, but man, 1 year, 127 posts, approximately 700 eggs and 15 complete disasters later - I'm still standing.

That's right, today is my 1-year bloggiversary. A year ago today, I offered you my first post, my first recipe, and my first baking tip. Which, by the way, was a tip for making level cupcakes. Which I still can't do.

So, on my 6-month anniversary, I shared with you my favorite recipes since I started. Since then, boy-oh-boy have I made some tasty things. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to separate the really amazing, mind-blowingly incredible desserts from the simply delicious ones. And that's what I'm here for now. These are all make-as-soon-as-possible good.

(These are in no particular order):

1. Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake
2. Coconut Shortbread Cookies
3. Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
4. Cinnamon Swirl Bread
6. Oreo Cookie Cookies
7. Snickerdoodles

So there it is. One year down, with hopefully much more to come. If you stick around over the next few months, you'll get to see snow-topped house cakes, cookie-dough truffles, lemon cream tart, molten chocolate cakes and much more.

So, happy birthday blog, happy birthday Shira, and happy birthday everyone else out there born on January 22. It's a great day!

3 comments:

  1. i have only eaten ONE of these. fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov on your delicious bloggiversary.
    I bet I'm your second greatest fan (I'll bow to your Mum as the first)
    Apart from the ones I've used I still have a long list of printed out recipes of yours that I'm still waiting to try - I really will get round-to-it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Looking forward to digging into your archives (and new treats to come) when I get back to having a real kitchen!

    ReplyDelete