Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Six Months and My Favorites

Today is my six month anniversary. Of blogging that is.

That's right, Baking and Mistaking was born six months ago today, and 70 recipes and almost 11,000 visitors later, I'm still standing.
Hopefully the next six months will be filled with more cakes, cookies, pies and tarts - and of course a few mistakes and catastrophes to keep you coming back!

So for those of you new and old, I'd love to share my top 5 recipes from the last 6 months. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the other 65, but these were my favorite to make (and eat!)

1. Linzer Tart Cookies
These were the prettiest cookies I've ever made, and they tasted really great too. Not for the beginning baker, but each step is pretty simple by itself.

2. Raspberry Chocolate Bar Cookies
Takes about ten minutes to make, but the flavor combination is out of this world! Don't leave the cinnamon out of the dough - it really makes the cookie complete.

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Sinfully delicious. Graham cracker crust, cheesecake and cookie dough - pretty much heaven on earth.

4. Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies were just the right balance of soft, chewy and chocolatey. Really easy to make with melted butter - you can leave the mixer in the cupboard for this one.

5. Cow Cake

Definitely my favorite cake that I've ever made, and how could I pass up a chance to show this picture again! As for the story behind it...well, that's for another day. Or year.

Well that's it folks: my favorite posts since this humble little blog was born in the snowy days of January. Do you have a favorite recipe from the site? Let me know in the comments or email at bakingandmistaking [at] gmail [dot] com.

Also celebrating an anniversary today: my friend Racheli (remember her?) Today is her birthday. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

  1. 1) favorite recipe: chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars
    2) cow cake = giantmicrobes.com
    3) I DIDN'T GET A SHOUT OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY LAST WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and oh yeah, happy anniversary amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 6 month anniversary from (probably) your most frequesnt visitor to the site!
    I always enjoy everything you bake and love your creativeness and enthusiasm.
    look forward to reading many more 'bakes' and not too many 'mistakes'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Amy! Your blog is a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doda Matbea a.k.a. Aunt AnnJuly 22, 2009 at 6:01 PM

    Mazel Tov on the first 6 months
    I love your recipes and your descriptions and comments.
    love from all the Jlm cousins
    PS please bring some samples on your next visit

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your baked goods and i love you.

    ReplyDelete