Thursday, July 2, 2009

Leftover Egg Whites = Meringues!

I know I left you on a cliffhanger with that last post, everybody wondering what was going to happen to those egg whites.

Well I'll leave you in the dark no longer! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, when life gives you egg whites...make meringues!

I had four egg whites remaining...Exactly the amount my favorite chocolate chip meringue recipe called for.I think it was fate. This recipe I've used before on Passover, since it's wheat free!

Tip of the Day: When baking anything, including meringues, make sure you let your oven heat up completely before putting your cake or cookies in. Newer ovens will beep when hot, and for older version give it 10 to 15 minutes before starting.

2 comments:

  1. I knew thats what u would do!! after reading the shortbread post, i went straight over to the meringue tag/label to prove myself right. sorry this is my 3rd comment in a row since i found your blog, but I'm totally loving all your recipe posts. Quick question: are u an orthodox jew?? or a modern orthodox or neither? whats the difference between those anyway?? does jerusalem have any good sheitel shops or would u say they're better here in the u.s.?? sorry that was more than just 1 question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anick -
    That is a lot of questions! Why don't you email me at bakingandmistaking@gmail.com and I'll try to answer them.
    Thanks!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete