Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cookies and Cream Pound Cake

After discovering that both cookies, and brownies are improved with the addition of Oreo cookies, I turned to the final frontier. Cake!
And I knew this delicious loaf cake would be the perfect match.

It's a simple mix of butter, sugar, eggs milk and flour - but the right combination that makes a thick, fluffy cake - that's strong enough to keep the crushed up cookies suspended.
I did toss the pieces with a little flour before mixing them in - but even if you didn't, I don't think they'd sink much.
I don't even have much else to say about this (I know, me, at a loss for words??) except that it was really delicious.
And I wish I could tell you if it was any better or worse the second or third day, but, well, four of us managed to eat the whole loaf in one sitting.
Oops!

Tip of the Day: When removing a cake from a pan, often it's easier to use two wire racks, placing one upside down on the top of the cake, and flipping the whole thing over, eliminating any worry of dropping the cake, like I've done before.

Recipe:
1/2 cup (1/ stick) butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup crushed sandwich cookies - approximately 12 cookies

Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating between additions.
Mix in the milk and vanilla, beating well.
Gradually add in the flour, baking powder and salt, mixing until combined.
Toss the crushed cookies with a little flour, and stir in to the batter.
Pour in to a greased 9x5" loaf pan.
Bake on 350F for about an hour, or until set.
Cool in pan for ten minutes, then invert on to wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. BEST DESSERT EVER! (besides chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bar)

    ReplyDelete