Monday, April 27, 2009

Apple Pie Bars

These apple pie bars were (I'm told) delicious. And so simple. Because I totally cheated. And you can too. I started this simple, delicious dessert with the oatmeal crumb base from my raspberry bars, and added about 1 tsp of cinammon. After pressing between 1/2 and 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, I took a can of apple pie filling, and chopped the apple pieces into a fine dice, which I then sprinkled over the base, and topped with the remaining crumbs.
Mmmmm here's a close up.Sure, you could probably also make this recipe with real apples, and some sugar, flour and lemon juice - but that's for you adventurous folk. Anyway, back to the recipe. I then stuck this in a 350 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes and .... apple pie bars! Just imagine them warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum.

Tip of the Day: If you're really in a rush, you can throw your crumb base ingredients in the food processor for a few quick pulses. But I always prefer it by hand. Just take off your rings first!

No comments:

Post a Comment