Friday, October 16, 2009

Revisiting an Old Favorite

I know I haven't been too...prolific these days, but, well, things are just a little crazy between school and work and pretending to have a life - so I haven't managed to get any new recipes up, even though I have plenty that I want to share with you.

But because I feel bad about going so long without blogging, I'll offer you up some new pictures of an old favorite. That cool with you? Ok good.

Those of you who have been around a while may remember my Raspberry Chocolate Bar Cookies - they're one of my favorite recipes of all time, so easy and so delicious, and, well, raspberry of course.

Anyway, unfortunately the pictures on the original post are really pretty awful, and don't do the dessert justice at all. So for your enjoyment, here are some new ones.

I've included the recipe again at the end for those of you entirely too busy to click through to the original post, or those who are offended by bad food photography.

I know you really all much prefer pictures of cookies to me talking, so enjoy:




(Yes, those pictures are taken on a paper towel. Stop judging me. It's just been one of those...years.)

Recipe:
Raspberry Chocolate Triangle Bars:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Approx. 1/2 jar seedless raspberry jam


Whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a fork until large crumbs are formed. Remove about 1 cup of the mixture and press the rest into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan.
Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
Remove, and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over base. Carefully and evenly distribute jam over the chocolate chips.
Sprinkle the reserved dough on top.
Return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for an hour before cutting up.

1 comment:

  1. I love those. Will you bring some up to 58th St. for me?

    ReplyDelete