Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fate of the Cookie Dough - Part 2: Lemon Bars!

Oh dear. Yet again I am faced with a lump of sugar cookie dough just calling out to be used.
Yes, I did consider just eating it. But I ultimately voted against it.Instead, I pondered and pondered. What shall be the ultimate end of the sugar cookie dough? Not more cookies. My soul was crying out to diversify. Try something new. Experiment!
And so, that very sugar cookie dough become....lemon bars!To be fair, it became the lemon bar base. It looked to be just enough to press into the bottom of an 8x8" pan, which I did. Then came the topping, I scoured a few websites to find the right mix for the top, and ultimately found one that I thought would work ok with the dough. I mixed it together, poured it on top, and took a wild guess at the baking time. (I'd already baked the base for 15 minutes). With lemon bars its hard to tell, these were a little gooey and would have been firmer with an extra five minutes or so, but they were good this way as well. I also had no lemon rind, and just added in a couple drops of lemon extract.

And so completed the last of the cookie dough. Until next time I screw up a recipe and end up with double what I needed. Shouldn't be long!

Tip of the Day: There are many websites, like www.supercook.com and www.recipematcher.com that find dishes based on what you already have. So take a look in your pantry, and find something new to create!

Recipe:
Crust:
Sugar Cookie Dough (probably about 1/2 the recipe)

Filling:
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. lemon rind
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. flour

Press the dough into the bottom of an 8x8" pan. Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes.
Whisk together filling ingredients until well mixed. Pour on top of warm crust and return to oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. هناك أيضًا حالات لا ينتظرون فيها الوقت اللازم كي تتبدد المواد الكيميائية قبل أن تعود إلى منزلها ، مما يجعلها مريضة أو مريضة أثناء العملية. يمكنك الاتصال بنا في أي وقت ، وسوف تؤكد لك Varsity Termite and Pest Control أن المواد الكيميائية المناسبة تستخدم وتطبق بأفضل طريقة للقضاء على الآفات الموجودة في منزلك.شركة مكافحة حشرات بالطائف
    شركة رش مبيدات بالطائف
    المبيدات الحشرية الكيميائية
    شركة الانوار لرش المبيدات

    ReplyDelete