Friday, June 21, 2013

Banana Chocolate Muffins

I have no problem with bananas. Fresh bananas, that is. But turn them into ice cream, muffins, bread, cake or cookies and I won't go near them. The problem is, that in my exceptionally warm apartment, any fresh bananas I buy turn from ripe to way past ripe in less than 24 hours. And when faced with overripe bananas... well baking is usually the way to go. So I thought, how do I mask the bananas as much as possible? With chocolate!

If you thought I was going to come here and tell you these muffins converted me to banana baking ways... you thought wrong. I was not a fan of these... because they tasted like bananas. But they were gobbled up in the office so I guess they liked them. 
 Have an overripe banana lying around? Try these. I'm sure they'd take well to mixing in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips too. 
Recipe:
2 whole very ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil

4 ounces (115g) semisweet chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk or soy milk
1 1/4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper or foil cups.
Peel and mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Add in the sugar, eggs and oil and beat until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate and continue mixing until smooth.
Add in the baking powder, baking soda and salt, then alternate adding the flour with the buttermilk until everything is combined.
Divide the batter up among about 24 paper-lined muffin tins. Bake on 350 F for about 20 minutes, or until test done. Let cool to room temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing ? can’r wait to read more posts.
    very nice article.부산달리기

    ReplyDelete