Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sticks

Do you know it's been almost six weeks since I've posted an honest-to-goodness cookie up in here? Cookies! If you ask me, they're better than cake. Yeah, I said it. Better than cake. 
And chocolate cookies? Definitely better than chocolate cake. I have this weird thing about chocolate cake - where I always going in expecting a brownie, and then when I don't get it, I'm disappointed. However now is not the time to analyze my psyche. There is not enough room on the internets for that. (Plus this chocolate cake may have converted me.)

Anyway, these chocolate cookies, somewhere between a brownie and a biscotti, are at once crumbly and chewy, which is a pretty good combination if you ask me. I used half semisweet chocolate chips, and half white chocolate chips, mostly because I wanted them to look pretty. I suppose those of you who enjoy things like nuts may want to add those as well. 



Tip of the Day: When slicing these up, use a serrated knife to cut the logs; it will help them not break apart.


Recipe:  (adapted from Kosher by Design: Teens and 20-Somethings)

Makes 20 to 24 cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup white chocolate chips


In a large bowl, mix the oil and sugars together until smooth. Add in the egg, and mix until incorporated. 
Add in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and mix until the dough comes together. Knead it until no streaks of flour remain. Mix in the chocolate chips. 
Divide the dough in half, and form each section into a flat log, about 9" long and no more than 3/4" high.
Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet on 350 F for 25 minutes. 
Cool on the sheet completely, then slide off and cut into slices, about 3/4" thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment