Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Keep the Oven Off!

It is August. Oh boy is it ever August. It is hot and sweaty and my hair is enormous and there are bugs flying everywhere and Manhattan smells like warm garbage and the subway platforms are like saunas and I sometimes wander into stores just to enjoy the air conditioning.

Sorry, where was I? Right, August. Well this kind of weather makes me want to veg out in front of the TV in shorts and a t-shirt and never venture outside during daylight hours. Alas I must. But it also makes me want to keep the oven firmly set at zero degrees. Always.

So in honor of the dog days of summer, here are a few no-bake recipes I've featured on Baking and Mistaking:

1) Chocolate Covered Pretzels
2) Cookie Dough Truffles
3) Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

Please do not let the awful cell-phone photo discourage you from making these - they are amazing, and if you keep them in the freezer like I do, perfect for these hot sticky days.

Readers -stay cool and I'll be back later this week with a no-bake, easy and refreshing dessert. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - all of those look GREAT!! I'm craving chocolate right now and this is not helping one bit. LOL

    ReplyDelete