Friday, January 30, 2009

Mmmmm chocolate

I've had a few requests for the non-dairy chocolate frosting recipe I use, so I'll share it with you here. No picture, but here is the adorable birthday present my friend Rachel gave me last year. Perfect for frosting occasions.

(You can find it here)

Anyway, the recipe is as follows: (comes from Susie Fishbein's Kosher Palette)
1/3 cup of margarine
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
5 tbsp boiling water
2 tsp vanilla
Beat the margarine for a few minutes in a mixer, then add the sugar and cocoa.
When well mixed, add the boiling water, one tbsp at a time. Add the vanilla.

Now when I make this, I start out with this recipe, but I add a little more sugar, a little more water as I see fit, depending on the consistency I want it, the way it looks, and how much I need. I also don't add the vanilla, since I forgot it one time and liked it better. Ah mistakes, the mother of invention!
Well thats it, let me know if you have any questions!
More baking to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment