Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Six months later...

So about six months ago I told you I was dropping everything, moving country, and going to pastry school. Well, I did, and I spent six months creating breads, cookies, cakes, tarts, mousses, petit fours, chocolate truffles, candies, decorated cakes and even some pulled sugar. And last week, I had a week-long exam to test everything I'd learned over the semester. Here's a look back:

For the final test, I created a strawberry apple tart (far left), a white chocolate praline mousse cake covered in chocolate glaze (back left), chocolate orange truffles (back center) cinnamon rugelach dusted with powdered sugar (back right) multi-grain rosemary rye bread (far right) and strawberry-kiwi tartlets with strawberry creme legere. Everything else on the table, was made by someone else - yes, I ate too much. 

Here are a few other creations from the past six months:

(Lopsided) chocolate yeast rugelach.

Orange chocolate danishes - from a previous exam.

Cream puffs...

...with flair.


Opera cake - layers of almond sponge cake soaked in coffee syrup, layered with ganache and coffee buttercream and covered in chocolate glaze.

9 comments:

  1. With flair! I love it. Mmmmm...Opera Cake sounds awesome. Dang. It's barely 08:00 and I'm ready for some good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm! And beautiful too! Congrats on accomplishing something you wanted to do .....and with flair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THINGS FOR ME TO EAT WHEN YOU RETURN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious! Hope you did well on the exam

    ReplyDelete
  5. COULD ANY OF THESE RECIPES BE CONNVERTED TO USING GLUTEN FREE FLOUR TY CONGRATIONS ON YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, everything looks amazing, especially the little chocolate cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would LOVE to see recipes for opera cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic!!

    ~Shira

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like cookies and chocolate based foods.

    ReplyDelete